Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 3, 2020





***

 I was in an expedition to outer space. I was with several teammates. I got into an altercation with one. We also discovered a device. A square-looking cream-colored hand-held gun with a calibration monitor – almost like a temperature screening device, but bigger. 

 During our altercation, my teammate picked the device up and shot at me with it. We would later discover that the device is a soul-extraction device. 

 We then extracted our souls. Our souls left our bodies, the “vessel”. We were then transported to this new universe. We discovered that, while our feeble infirm bodies may not survive and could not be transported to this new universe, our souls can.

 When we arrived in this new universe, it was raining. We saw that, like earth, this new universe has convenience stores too. We went into one and got an umbrella. 

 We soon learned that this universe is more advanced. The umbrella opened in a seamless almost sci-fi like manner. With the touch of a button, it could transform into two connected umbrellas (for couples, presumably). The metal in this universe is more malleable. We saw other species / beings in this new universe. They do not seem to be bothered by our presence. It was as if they expected our arrival. It was as if, they had received people like us before. 

 We then traveled back to our universe and used the device to inject our souls back into our bodies. 

 We were part of an expedition to find a new planet, a new home. There were very few people left on earth. It seemed that life on earth was coming to an end. We returned to earth to convince the rest that we have found a new home. We brought the device back and told them our story. 

 The people on earth were adamant. They were afraid of “dying”. 

 I then remembered that I had brought back with me the umbrella from this new universe. I showed the umbrella to everyone, so they could see what this new universe holds for mankind. They were amazed. Reluctantly, they agreed to have their souls extracted. 

 My teammate, the one I had an altercation with, did the soul extractions. He would point the device on people’s foreheads with them lying on their backs. The device would be held in that position for a few minutes, during which, we could all see the people go into a daze, as if they were on a high or something. The device would then be removed from their foreheads, after which, they would have a few seconds to say their last words before they would collapse and their souls would escape their bodies, the “vessel”. 

 I thought to myself, that the last person standing would have to extract his/her soul him/herself – and wondered to myself how this may be done. 

 When my teammate was finally done extracting everyone’s soul, he then had an evil idea - that he could now decide which souls to bring with him to this new universe and which to abandon. He took the device and the souls with him and ran. He tried to abandon me. I chased after him. We got into a fight. 

 Suddenly, from the umbrella I brought back, emerged this being from the new universe. The being engulfed my team mate, and I saw his soul left his body. Then, the being came after me and I too was engulfed in a similar manner.

 I woke up in this new universe. Because we are “souls” we did not have the infirmities of our bodies. I would later discover that, the concept of “competition” does not exist in this new universe, because we would all be eternally earning the same living as we were before we came to this new universe. 

 In my dream, I wondered if this is “heaven”? And if I could find my friend, James, in this new universe. Or if James’s soul is still stuck on planet earth?

 ***

 [Some concluding thoughts on my dream:
I feel hopeful and comforted after my dream...
That there is a place better
than earth out there...
And grateful to have been able to
experience what that
better place has to offer... 
(like that super cool sci-fi like brolly)
Meeting the other beings who seem
to be expecting our arrival
gave me the sense that we were all
returning "home" and not
arriving at an entirely new place...
The altercation and fighting parts
were really kancheong
and nerve-wrecking though!
Sheesh!]