Blog Archive

Sunday, September 6, 2015





So before I started my pupillage I did sales for a toy cum souvenirs company. One customer was particularly "difficult" in the sense that he had something to rebut to everything I had to say to sell. 

After about 30 minutes of discourse, he asked "are you the sales manager?" I said "no, just a promoter. I started just 2 days ago." Shocked, he said "your company's lucky to have you. You sell so passionately! I thought you have been in this for years! You know your products well." And then he handed me his name card, and said "are you interested in selling insurance? If you are give me a call. I am recruiting for my team." I laughed and said, "I'm a law graduate and I'll be starting my pupillage soon". Disappointed, he asked "then why are you doing this?" I said "why not? I have not done it before..."

I wasn't given any product or sales training. I was only told by my then boss "Aiyaaah you are loyar, you can tok one lahh."

Well.