Blog Archive

Thursday, November 5, 2015




While I was having a short early dinner (coz I had to skip lunch) after work today a couple who sat at a table near mine was also having theirs.

Throughout, neither spoke to each other. They were both on their phone. And when they were not, they couldn't or wouldn't look at each other. Not a single word was exchanged. It was as if two strangers somehow ended up having their dinner together on the same table. It was as if they would rather be anywhere else. What could they be thinking?

And that reminded me of what a friend once said -
"it's easier to connect with a stranger because you know so little and there's so much to talk about. But it's not as easy to connect with someone you have known for years." 

And also what I once said -
"the longer I know a person the more quiet and distant I become".

And maybe also what One Republic once said (or sang) -
"I loved you with a fire red now it's turning blue".

Goodnight.