Blog Archive

Sunday, December 6, 2015



When I started teaching months back, I remember thinking to myself 
"Meh... Kids. How hard can it be?".

Just the other day at lunch, I was asking a female lawyer who's a partner at the firm how she managed to juggle work and her 3 kids at home. She said work is an "escape" because taking care of 3 kids demands the kind of attention and focus that "drains". But kids are the best to be with when they are 5 to 6 years old.

And I couldn't help but say 
"I agree. And I understand..."

Although hanging out with kids can be quite a challenge (they are really like a ball of energy) it does change you as a person and for the better. You feel more light-hearted and see things from a different perspective. You also realise that even as we grow older, we still very much have that little "child" within us. We cry (inside mostly) when our "toys" get broken. We whine "I can't!" when things begin to get too "difficult". And a little encouragement goes a long way in things we do.

Cheers!